Stand Number: 1354
Terry Toms and Partners Ltd trading as RandDTax was founded in August 2012. The company has 17 shareholders, all active in the business, and a total of 30 consultants operating throughout the UK. RandDTax has helped with well over 4,000 R&D Tax Credit claims for more than 1,000 companies (mostly SMEs) - with a 100% success rate, gaining in excess of £91 million for those clients.
We won the Business Innovation Award at the National SME Awards 2017, held at the iconic Wembley Stadium. Our success is down to the support of our fantastic clients, who normally get the awards, and the "go the extra mile" ethos of our consultants.
RandDTax works very closely with firms of practicing accountants, running regular CPD Workshops on R&D Tax Credits for them. As a result the largest part of our client base has been introduced by those firms, and our large network of independent business consultants, who serve the SME sector. The Directors and Consultants in RandDTax combine a wide range of senior management and technical experience gained in technology, engineering, manufacturing and in the finance and tax sectors.
Claims have been worth between £10,000 and £1m+ to our SME clients, with the average client benefitting by around £88,000.
We help companies in these situations:
• In identifying and scoping qualifying R&D in line with HMRC Guidelines. This may seem obvious but we find most companies tend to underclaim or do not recognize qualifying R&D at all.
• Help prepare the narrative and data to support claims and make them secure, avoiding rejection or time consuming HMRC enquiries.
• In auditing previous claims where we are still in time to submit uplift claims.
• Many companies are paying too much for R&D Consultancy Services. We can help.
• Where companies have claimed either on their own or with their accountants, and have run into HMRC enquiries, we have an excellent track record of verifying and defending claims.